Having been in Dubai for three years – I have witnessed various incidents while in the metro. Some are good and some are bad just like anywhere in the world. Last month I get to experience the infamous Underground London tube. Known as the oldest and busiest underground station in the world.
- Date created: 9 September 2009
- Modern style
- Well-maintained / Very clean
- Currently has 49 stations
- The train runs smoothly
- Some commuters (mostly) will not wait before the ones inside the train can get out which is annoying
- The escalator is a mess: some commuters will not make way for others who are rushing. Some may even tell you to take the stairs!
- Security guards everywhere
- Reasonable tickets
- Date created: 10 January 1863
- Ancient looking
- Some rubbish littered anywhere
- Currently has 270 stations
- The train runs loudly
- The commuters are always waiting after everyone can get out the train
- The escalator has a rule: stand on the left if you’re just standing and give way to the rushing people
- Performers / musicians playing underground
- Expensive tickets
Yeah I know Dubai is new and there’s plenty to learn and implement everyday. I’ve seen much improvements like putting signs on each sides of the doors to wait until the passengers can get out. However there are still some people who ignore it instead they immediately get in to the metro first leaving you getting stuck inside! That is just horrible. Also, it wouldn’t hurt putting a sign like “Stand on the left side” so the people who are rushing can take the right side of the escalator. See? It’s called discipline!
These are all my observations and thoughts. Feel free to add. xoxo